Thursday, May 8, 2008

Busy as can be in HK

Well, as most of you may already know, Judy and I got back to HK safely and without any issues to report.
I managed to return to UK on Monday just fine, and was quite happy to have spent some time with my parents while getting my UK passport renewed, and booking my flight back home. I even managed to get some Computer Lessons in for Dad every morning, as he started to explore what a computer is and is capable of! I'm well proud that Dad has finally got around to trying to learn about this, although he's understandably frightened about anything strange or odd that is beyond his 5-step process to turn on the PC, open Hotmail, Listen to HK internet radio and read chinese news on the web.
The UK passport was mercifully renewed within 4hrs, thanks to the "recently" updated documentation on my previous renewal in 2004. So I had abit more time to see some friends from KHS and from Uni, which is always a pleasure. I was especially excited to have finally met up with my best friend Chetan's newly born baby! Aditya is so small, but really cute and so well-behaved. Gives a short warning that he's hungry, or needs nappy changing, before really wailing.
In the meantime, Judy had a monumental task of trying to clean up the flat, since there was like 3 weeks worth of dust to vacuum and things to tidy up! By the time I got home, she had transformed it into a top 4-star hotel! Since then, she's become very adept at housecleaning, and making the place feel wonderful. Yep, its definitely worth letting her take time off from work to help clean up the house, and experiment with various recipes, which often taste absolutely delicious!

No comments: